Anthony (Tony) Johnson, DVM, DACVECC
- 2003: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care (ACVECC)
- 2000-2003: Residency: Dove Lewis Emergency Animal Hospital, Portland, Oregon
- 1997-1998: Internship: Loomis Basin Veterinary Clinic, Loomis, California
- 1996: BS: University of Washington
- 1989: DVM: Washington State University College Veterinary Medicine
Current Professional Activities
- VIN Director of Happiness
- Consultant Editor for Veterinary Information Network (VIN)
Past Professional Activities
- Criticalist and Head of ER at VCA Indiana Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Care in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Criticalist at Veterinary Specialty Center in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
- Clinical Assistant Professor at Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Lectured for several national, state, and local veterinary conferences
Marital Status & Children
- 2 sons, Connor and Grayson; daughter Gloria; and a beautiful wife named Gretchen
- 2 cats, 1 dog, 4 chickens, and have lost count of how many fish I have; although it really isn't that many, because I am not all that good at counting.
- Sleeping, eating, and breathing with occasional forays into woodworking, cooking, reading, and writing (but not arithmetic)
- "Chance favors the prepared mind"
- "Post hoc ergo propter hoc"
- "Non illegitimi carborundum"
- "I was told I could play my music at a reasonable volume"
What I like most about VIN & VSPN
- All the donuts I can eat AND a chance to learn and a chance to teach all wrapped up in one; like veterinary sushi.