Heather Howell, RVT, LVT, MBA
- B.S. in Animal Science at University of California, Davis
- M.B.A. at University of Nevada, Reno
- RVT in California
- LVT in Nevada
Current Professional Activities
- Practice management consultant with a focus on staff training and motivation, team building, improving communication, and teaching managers to facilitate.
- VSPN board moderator and CE instructor
- Middle School Science Teacher
- Continuing Education Seminar Instructor
Past Professional Activities
- Managed a large practice with a staff of 45 in rural Nevada for 10 years that included a small animal facility, large animal facility and boarding facility.
- Worked in range of veterinary hospitals from the small, single doctor practice to the busy, multi-doctor, mixed animal facility in all capacities from LVT to receptionist to hospital administrator.
- Speaker at VPC's Shirt Sleeve Seminars, American Animal Hospital Association's Audio Conference Series, Western Veterinary Conference and California Veterinary Medical Association's Annual Conference
- Co-author of a book on veterinary practice management
- Author of several trade journal articles