- Master of Science (MS), University of Georgia, 1990
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), VA-MD Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, 1987
Current Professional Activities
Past Professional Activities
- Co-owner: Roanoke Island Animal Clinic (1992 – present)
- Veterinarian for the "Return to The Wild" Red Wolf Project, Alligator River Refuge (1993 - present)
- Coordinator — Georgia Animal Poison Information Center (1988 – 1990)
- Private practice
- Four great kids, and three beautiful grandchildren Jenner, Galin and Curie who call me Poppie.
- Dogs: My wonderful GSD and dear companion Jessa, Dirk the happy Golden and Haley the best (sometimes) duck hunting lab!
- Cats: Kawasaki and our blind cat Stevie Wonder
What I like Most About VIN
- Stop blaming and start living.
- The sharing of information with colleagues. Teaching and forever learning.