D. Bruce Lawhorn
- Master of Science (MS), Texas A&M University, 1989
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Texas A&M University, 1972
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Texas A&M University, 1971
Current Professional Activities
Past Professional Activities
- VIN Swine Consultant
- Relief Veterinarian for Multiple practices in Texas (predominant dog, cat with some pigs)
- Professor and Extension Swine Veterinarian, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences and Texas Cooperative Extension Service, Texas A&M University
- Chief, Food Animal Section, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Texas A&M University
- Staff Veterinarian, Dekalb Swine Breeders, Dekalb Illinois
- Sole Proprietor, Lawhorn Veterinary Clinic, Temple Texas (mixed animal practice)
- Married to Debra Lawhorn, retied High School English teacher and full time grandmother.
- Jason & David and four grandchildren
- Grieving recent loss of both blue weimers and loyal companions Alex (15 years of age, euthanasia due to myriad of conditions) and Boomer (11 years of age — lung cancer)
- Dove hunting, fresh and saltwater fishing, walking, jogging, lifting light weights, swimming, yard work, shade tree mechanic on old trucks like 1966 Chevy C-10 pickup I now drive.
What I like Most About VIN
- "I know the plans I have for says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope for your future."
— Jeremiah 29:11
- Opportunities to exchange ideas with so many knowledgeable professionals