- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (ABVP) Feline Practice, 1995
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) Small Animal Internal Medicine, 1982
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), University of California-Davis, 1976
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Chatham University, Pittsburgh, PA, 1971
- Internship, Angell Animal Medical Center in Boston, MAAngell Animal Medical Center
- Residency, University of California-Davis
Current Professional Activities
Past Professional Activities
- Emeritus/Adjunct Professor, Small Animal Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Texas A&M University
- Chief Medical Consultant: VIN
- Internship: Angell Memorial Animal Hospital, Boston, MA
- Residency: Small Animal Medicine, U.C. Davis
- Private Practice experience: 3 years in San Francisco East Bay
- Married, Dr. James H. Johnson, Diplomate AAZV, all around good guy
- 24 Peruvian Paso Horses
- One little red mule (Cincinnati Red)
- 2 dogs (Border terrier [Ranger], German Shepherd [Aggie])
- Horseback riding in general, sidesaddle riding in particular
- Bird and wildlife watching
- Cooking (when I have time... HA!).
What I like Most About VIN
- Life is uncertain, eat dessert first.
- All the great members I have met and from whom I have learned.