- Residency in Anesthesia and Analgesia, Michigan State University, 2002
- Internship in Large Animal Medicine, Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, KY, 2000
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), University of Tennessee, 1999
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Franklin & Marshall, 1994
Current Professional Activities
Past Professional Activities
- Working part time for Vets@VIN
- Clinical Instructor, Anesthesia, Virginia-Maryland Regional CVM
- Emergency Clinician, Animal Emergency of Kane County 2012-2014
- Anesthesia Consulting, Greater Chicago Area 2011-2014
- Anesthesiologist, Ruffian Equine Medical Center, Elmont, NY 2009-2011
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Anesthesia and Pain Management, University of Illinois
Pets (aka "Child Substitutes")
- Married to Chris Byron (DVM, MS, DACVS, Equine Surgery)
- Pickle, a rescued DSH who always gets in a pickle!
- Blanche, a rescued DSH
- Neville (aka Griffyndor's Golden Hero), Russell Terrier
- Golf, horseback riding, foxhunting, cooking
What I like Most About VIN
- "It is a man's sympathy with all creatures that truly makes him a man. Until he extends his circle of compassion to all living things, he will not himself find peace."
- Challenging others to think, and being challenged to think myself by all the questions!