Honors Awards and Fellowships
- International Veterinary Acupuncture Society (IVAS) Chinese Herbs
- International Veterinary Acupuncture Society (IVAS) Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Colorado State University, 1983
Current Professional Activities
Past Professional Activities
- Centinela Animal Hospital, Inc, Inglewood, California, Director of Integrative Health Services
- American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association, Past President, Editorial committee member, Council of Elders
- American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association Foundation, Past President, research committee chair, Grant committee member
- Registry for Alternative and Integrative Veterinary Education (RAIVE), Homotoxicology, Chinese herbal therapy consultant
- World Association of Chinese Veterinary Medicine, Board of Directors
- College of Integrative Veterinary Therapies faculty in Bioregulatory medicine
- Western University of Health Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Integrative veterinary medicine preceptor for fourth year elective professional students
- Teaching and publishing in the field of Homotoxicology, Bioregulatory medicine, Chinese Herbal Medicine and Hospice
- American College of Veterinary Botanical Medicine, organizing committee
- Co-author: Integrating Complementary Medicine Into Veterinary Practice, 2008, Wiley-Blackwell Press
- Independent Veterinary Alliance, co-founder and board member
- SCVMA, President and Program Chair Westside-Northbay Chapter
- CVMA member
- CHVMA (California Holistic Veterinary Medical Assocation)
- AVMA member
- VBMA member
Children and Pets
- Married and still madly in love with my vet school classmate.
- Three children.
- Two dogs, three cats, two birds, one rabbit
- Scuba diving and anything involving water.
What I like Most About VIN
- Seek Truth and healing follows. Anything that accomplishes healing is medicine and to this there is no alternative.
- Instant communication from the top people in our profession.